Welcome to Gwent Photographic Society
We cater for photographers of all levels of skill, from beginners to advanced, and in all branches of photography. The club also encourages the use of a variety of techniques, including digital imaging. We have studio lighting and backdrops for studio work as well as projectors for Digital Imaging.
We have lectures, practical evenings, (including camera techniques, Photoshop skills etc), Monthly Print and Digital Image competitions between members, and battles against other clubs in the South Wales area. We have short trips away for members during the year, as well as local day trips, organised by the members.
Our club is renowned for its friendly atmosphere so why not come along and try us for a few weeks at no cost or obligation. If you decide to come along you can be assured of a warm welcome.
These are the positions and points for the first three places for each category.
|Updated 3rd March 2014|
DIGITAL IMAGE PHOTOGRAPHER
- Monthly Competitions
- January 30th – “Low Light” Print. Judged by Johnnie Rogers ARPS. RESULT
- February 27th – “OPEN” Digital. Judged by Malcolm Kingswell EFIAP ARPS AWPF DRAGB. RESULT
- March 27th – “OPEN” Print. Judged by Martyn Pinches AFIAP AWPF
- April 17th – “Reflections” Digital. Judged by Brian Haggerty LMPA
- May 15th – “City/Industrial Landscape” Digital. Judged by Brian Coleman AFIAP AWPF
- June 26th – “Macro” Print. Judged by Peter Young CPAGB AFIAP APAGB
- July 17th – “Sport” Digital. Judged by Keith Sharples CPAGB LRPS
- September 25th – “Street Life” Print. Judged by Phil Ray CPAGB
- Annual Competitions
- October 23rd – “PRINT OF THE YEAR” Judged by David Bennett
- November 6th – “PRINT PANEL OF THE YEAR” judged by Leigh Woolford EFIAP AWPF
- November 20th – “DIGITAL IMAGE OF THE YEAR” – Judged by Gareth Martin AWPF CPAGB
- December 4th – DIGITAL IMAGE PANEL OF THE YEAR” Judged by Brian Pilot LRPA
Please fill in this form to apply for membership.Your data will not be shared with anyone else.